Monday, July 16, 2007

Bookviews.com calls Consider the Source a
'fair-minded guide' of 'great value'

Alan Caruba, editor of Bookviews.com, recently reviewed Consider the Source: A Critical Guide to 100 Prominent News and Information Sites on the Web. Caruba, who will post the review on his site in September, wrote:
As a former journalist, I am a news junky. For me, the Internet is a cornucopia of news outlets, but even I have to ask myself which ones I trust most and this is especially true when I link to a story on a site I do not normally visit. Happily, I now have an excellent source to consult in James F. Broderick and Darren W. Miller’s guide, Consider the Source: A Critical Guide to 100 Prominent News and Information Sites on the Web ($24.95, Information Today, Inc., Medford, NJ, softcover). Among the sites evaluated are those by leading newspapers, American, British, Australian, and Indian, among others. There are many interesting and controversial sites such as Rush Limbaugh’s, Al Jazeera, and even the Central Intelligence Agency’s. Broderick teaches journalism at New Jersey City University in Jersey City and Miller has worked as a reporter and editor for newspapers in New Jersey and North Carolina, having won a number of journalism awards. Based on my own knowledge of news sources, I would say this is a fair-minded guide and one that journalists and consumers of the news will find of great value.
Check out these other articles about the book:
The Jersey Journal (June 15, 2007)
The Mountaineer (June 13, 2007)
Glen Ridge Voice (June 7, 2007)

No comments: